TDK Ventures’ Energy Week 2022 will be a significant event that will bring together leaders in the climate-tech field to discuss critical topics related to energy and sustainability. Here’s a summary of the key details and highlights we can expect from the upcoming event:
- Event Overview: Energy Week 2022 will be hosted by TDK Ventures Inc., a subsidiary of TDK Corporation. The event aims to provide insights into the changing landscape of the energy industry and its future implications for society.
- Speaker Lineup: The event will feature over 20 speakers from various backgrounds, including academia, industry, startups, and venture capital. These experts will represent the forefront of the energy sector and share their thoughts on the future of energy.
- Format: Energy Week 2022 will be held online and will consist of five two-hour sessions, each focused on a specific topic related to climate tech and energy. Each session will begin with an hour-long fireside chat with a top expert in the respective topic, providing additional insights into the upcoming panel discussion.
- >Topics to be Covered: The event will cover a wide range of topics, including green hydrogen, battery development and manufacturing, emerging market electrification, EVs and charging infrastructure, and the mining and battery supply chain.
- Notable Speakers: We can expect prominent speakers such as Meghan Sharp (Global Head of Decarbonization Partners), Bob Galyen (former CTO of CATL), Shayle Kann (Partner at Energy Impact Partners), Rick Needham (Senior Advisor of Climate and Energy at TPG), Chelsea Sexton (Senior Consultant, Transportation at DOE Loan Programs Office), and Joe Lowry (President of Global Lithium LLC).
- Key Discussions: Each session will delve into important questions and challenges within its respective field, such as the cost reduction of green chemicals, advancements in battery manufacturing, electrification in emerging markets, building resilient charging infrastructure, and managing the supply-chain risk for lithium-ion batteries.
- Spotlight Interview: Energy Week 2022 will include a Spotlight Interview with Shayle Kann, focusing on how the Inflation Reduction Act could supercharge climate tech in the U.S.
- Audience Engagement: The event aims to engage a diverse audience, including students, entrepreneurs, scientists, industry professionals, and anyone interested in decarbonization. We can anticipate thousands of registrations, indicating significant interest and engagement.
- Follow-up Events: Energy Week 2022 will be followed by multiple invite-only events designed to brainstorm solutions to the challenges discussed during the conference.
- Overall Impact: Energy Week 2022 will play a crucial role in fostering discussions and collaborations among leaders in the climate-tech field. It will address pressing issues related to energy, sustainability, and decarbonization, contributing to the development of solutions for a more sustainable future.
In summary, Energy Week 2022 will provide a platform for experts and stakeholders to share insights, discuss challenges, and explore innovative solutions in the ever-evolving field of climate tech and energy. The event aims to drive positive change toward a more sustainable and cleaner energy future.